HART (Hamilton Alumni Recruitment Team) is currently on hold while the Admission Office reconfigures its operations and outreach during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will update you with more details about the future of the program as we evaluate our needs and how to best utilize alumni to support admission efforts.
- Increase public awareness of the value of a liberal arts education.
- Provide accurate, current information about Hamilton to prospective students and their families.
- Refer and recommend potential candidates for admission through interview assessments.
- Assist the Office of Admission in recruiting a diverse and academically talented class of students.
- Represent Hamilton College at local college fairs and events.
- Conduct off-campus interviews with applicants and provide the Office of Admission with a thoughtful assessment of an applicant’s fit with Hamilton in a timely manner.
- Encourage students who you may know to consider Hamilton in their college search.
- Participate in HART trainings and stay current on what is happening on College Hill (curricularly, programmatically, facilities, admission policy, etc.), and return to campus at least once every five years so that you can accurately represent the Hamilton of today to our prospective students.
To recommend an outstanding candidate to Hamilton College outside of the HART program, please fill out this recommendation form. While all letters of recommendation will be attached to applicants’ records, those that arrive by December 1 (for Early Decision 1 candidates), January 15 (for Early Decision 2 candidates), and February 1 (for Regular Decision) stand a better chance of being carefully considered by the admission committee.