Support from our alumni, parents and friends is gratefully acknowledged.
Ways to Give
Now, you may direct your Annual Fund gift of any size to one of six priority areas at the College.
- Scholarship Aid: Sustain the commitment to need-blind admission
- Academic Programs: Support the heart of Hamilton’s mission — teaching and learning in the liberal arts tradition
- Career Center: Help students find their futures
- Athletics: Strengthen the College’s “athletics for all” philosophy — at the varsity, club or intramural level, or basic fitness and wellness
- Arts: Perpetuate the full range of performances, readings and exhibitions as well as the practice of studio art
- Where Need is Greatest: Allow Hamilton to capture sudden, unforeseen opportunities
Please choose the best option for you:
Online: Quick and secure.
Phone: Call (866) 729-0315 and use your credit card.
Mail: Make checks payable to “Trustees of Hamilton College” and send to: Annual Fund, Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
As with all gifts, you should consult your own tax advisors to confirm that it is advantageous for you to contribute appreciated securities.
If your broker (or bank) holds your shares, you may request that they be transferred directly to Hamilton via DTC (Depository Trust Company):
- Provide your broker with Hamilton’s DTC information below and ask them to include your name in the wiring instructions:
Merrill Lynch Account
Account Number: #814-04355
Account Name: The Trustees of Hamilton College
Broker: Ruth Fortune (860-728-3651)
- In order for Hamilton to promptly process and credit the gift to you, let Stephanie Broomfield know the name of the stock, and the number of shares or approximate dollar amount you will be transferring (315-859-4604 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The effective date of your gift will be the date the security is transferred into Hamilton’s account, and the value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations for that day.
If you hold your shares in certificate form:
- Send the unendorsed certificate(s) by first-class mail to:
Communications and Development
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323
- By separate first-class mail, send Stephanie Broomfield a stock power form signed exactly as your name appears on the security but left otherwise completely blank. Include a letter of instruction designating your gift to Hamilton.
- The valuation date will be the postmark date on the certificate and the stock power form (whichever is postmarked last), and the value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations for that day.
- If your gift is to be less than the total number of shares listed on the certificate, include your social security number so a new certificate for the remaining shares can be issued.
Matching Gift Program
Do you work for a matching gift company? Corporate matching gifts provide a wonderful opportunity to double, sometimes even triple, your contribution to Hamilton College. If you are not sure if your company will match your gift, click here to access the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Matching Gifts Online Search to find out.
Recurring Gifts - Benefits You and Hamilton
Recurring gifts enable you to provide consistent annual or monthly support for Hamilton by credit card. Your gift is divided into manageable increments, which allows you to maximize the impact of your giving to the College while avoiding a large, one-time expense. And once you've set up your gift, you won’t receive any more solicitations for the remainder of the year.
- You can establish a recurring gift with a contribution of as little as $5 per month. Monthly gifts can be made online.
- Monthly Giving may also allow you to make your yearly contribution at a leadership level because your gift is divided into manageable monthly increments. Please consider joining The 1812 Leadership Circle.
Hamilton’s planned gift professionals assist donors meet philanthropic and personal planning objectives through creative contributions. Contact them for strategies using appreciated assets or estate techniques.
Donor Recognition Societies
Hamilton is grateful for gifts of all amounts, and support through the Annual Fund is an essential part of our ability to provide the finest liberal arts education. Please consider membership into one of Hamilton's donor recognition societies.
Hamilton College will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else and will only share personal information once the donor has given the College specific permission to do so.