Throughout its 200+ year history, Hamilton has been sustained by the generosity of its alumni, parents, and friends.
Ways to Give
Online: Quick and secure.
Phone: Call (866) 729-0315 and use your credit card.
Mail: Make checks payable to “Trustees of Hamilton College” and send to: Hamilton Annual Fund, Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
monthly sustaining Gifts
Benefits You and Hamilton
Monthly sustaining gifts enable you to provide consistent annual or monthly support for Hamilton by credit card. Your gift is divided into manageable increments, which allows you to maximize the impact of your giving to the College while avoiding a large, one-time expense. And once you've set up your gift, you won’t receive any more solicitations for the remainder of the year.
- You can establish a recurring gift with a contribution of as little as $5 per month. Monthly gifts can be made online.
- Monthly Giving may also allow you to make your yearly contribution at a leadership level because your gift is divided into manageable monthly increments.
Questions? Please call 1-866-729-0315.
Matching Gift Program
Do you work for a matching gift company? Corporate matching gifts provide a wonderful opportunity to double, sometimes even triple, your contribution to Hamilton College. If you are not sure if your company will match your gift, click here to access the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Matching Gifts Online Search to find out.
As with all gifts, you should consult your own tax advisors to confirm that it is advantageous for you to contribute appreciated securities.
If your broker (or bank) holds your shares, you may request that they be transferred directly to Hamilton via DTC (Depository Trust Company):
- Provide your broker with Hamilton’s DTC information below and ask them to include your name in the wiring instructions:
Merrill Lynch Account
Account Number: #814-04355
Account Name: The Trustees of Hamilton College
Broker: Claudine Zigmund (860-728-3984)
- In order for Hamilton to promptly process and credit the gift to you, let Stephanie Broomfield know the name of the stock, and the number of shares or approximate dollar amount you will be transferring (315-859-4604 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The effective date of your gift will be the date the security is transferred into Hamilton’s account, and the value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations for that day.
If you hold your shares in certificate form:
- Send the unendorsed certificate(s) by first-class mail to:
Communications and Development
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323
- By separate first-class mail, send Stephanie Broomfield a stock power form signed exactly as your name appears on the security but left otherwise completely blank. Include a letter of instruction designating your gift to Hamilton.
- The valuation date will be the postmark date on the certificate and the stock power form (whichever is postmarked last), and the value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations for that day.
- If your gift is to be less than the total number of shares listed on the certificate, include your social security number so a new certificate for the remaining shares can be issued.
Hamilton’s planned gift professionals assist donors meet philanthropic and personal planning objectives through creative contributions. Contact them for strategies using appreciated assets or estate techniques.
Hamilton College will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else and will only share personal information once the donor has given the College specific permission to do so.