Aug. 24: classes begin
Sept. 1: last day to add a course
Sept. 15: last day to exercise credit/no credit option
Oct. 11: last day to declare leave of absence for fall 2017
Oct. 18: last day to drop a course
Dec. 8: classes end
Dec. 11-15: final exams
WEBADVISOR HELP FOR STUDENTS
What is WebAdvisor
WebAdvisor is the interface that allows you to access the information about your academic record through the web.
WebAdvisor will operate on both PCs and Macs.
On a PC - Both Internet Explorer and Firefox function completely.
On a Mac - The preferred browser is Firefox.
- The "Time Out" for this system is approximately 15 minutes. If there is no activity for 15 minutes, the system will automatically log you off and you will have to log back into WebAdvisor for any function and re-enter data.
- While in WebAdvisor, do not use the "Back" button and the "Enter" key because they may function differently depending on your browser and PC setup. Use the "Menu" and "Submit" buttons as directed.
- The username and password must be entered in lower case. Your username and password are the same as your My hamilton or hamilton email..
- Because the information contained in WebAdvisor includes your confidential student information, please be sure to LOGOUT when you have finished viewing your record. Mac Users, See note under Technical Information
Many option have a HELP feature in the upper right corner. Click on the word HELP to display more information about the feature you wish to view.
Here are the Features that are currently available:
Grade Point Average by Term - You can view the grades and related GPA data for a specific term. Select the option, select a term from those displayed, and click submit. (Remember, you can only select one term at a time)
Transcript - You can see a complete list of all courses completed at Hamilton with grades, units, and term. This option also displays your Cumulative GPA and totals. Transfer credit that has been awarded will also display here without grade
Search for Classes - Search for courses in a specific semester to see seats available, times, instructor, etc.
My Class Schedule - View your current or future course schedule. This option will allow you to view your schedule for all terms that you are currently registered for, and for which no grades have been recorded.
Register for Classes - You can register for your courses through the web using WebAdvisor. You must have been cleared to register buy your faculty advisor. Each Class year will have a period of time assigned when they can access the system to process Registrations. You may access the system as many times as you want during your registration period. Once the Class Registration Period has closed, you can not access the Registration option until a schedule adjustment period is available.
How to Search for Classes
You MUST select a term to search for course information.
Click Search for Classes. You do not need to login to use this feature.
Term is a required field. Click the down arrow and select the desired term.
- Subject/Course No/Sect No: If you know the exact course number and section that you want, you can enter it here and click submit at the bottom of the page.
- Subjects/Course Levels: In the multi-subject box you can enter up to three subjects at a time; for example, ENGL, PSYCH, and ART. Course Level may be selected to narrow the results.
- Classes Meeting After/Classes Ending Before: If you select after 8:00 a.m. and before 10:00 a.m., you will get all courses that start between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Before does not refer to when a class ends.
- Days of the Week: You can select the specific days you are interested in viewing.
- Course Title Keyword(s): If you type "Child", for example, any course that has the word Child in it will be listed.
- Location: This option is not applicable
- Instructor's Last Name: Enter correct spelling of instructor's last name.
- Course type: Select a type to get a group of courses that have a common feature.
Regardless of how you decide to search for classes, whether just one of the options or a combination, you must always scroll down and click Submit.
After submitting your choice, you will get a listing of the sections that meet the criteria requested. Note the STATUS column to determine if the course is open or closed.