Terms and Conditions
Hill Card Terms and Conditions
- There is no minimum deposit required to open an account. Balances roll over each semester/year while you are a student at Hamilton College.
- The Hill Card is not a cash card. Money cannot be advanced against the prepaid accounts, and no money will be shifted from one account to another without written authorization from the original depositor of the funds.
- Hill Card accounts may be closed (less any financial obligations to the College) either by exhausting the funds or upon receipt of documentation that the student is leaving the College. An account closure fee of $20 will be applied. Graduating students or students leaving the College are encouraged to close out their accounts no later than June 30 of their last year at the College.
- The College reserves the right to close any account that remains inactive for more than one year.
- Requests to close a Hill Card account should be directed to Dannelle K. Parker, 315-859-4372, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost/Stolen Hill Card
Cardholders are responsible for all charges made to a lost/stolen Hill Card until they have frozen their card online or have notified the Hill Card office that the card is lost/stolen. If fraud can be documented, fraudulent charges made at off-campus merchants accepting the Hill Card will be credited back to the cardholder.
Purchases made using the Money Network® enabled Discover® card (program phased out March 31, 2014) are the responsibility of the individual card holder until Money Network (1-800-822-4283) is notified that the card is lost or stolen. Hamilton College is not liable for issues related to Money Network® Services linked to the Hill Card and provided by First Data.
For questions about your Hill Card, call Auxiliary Services (Hill Card office) at 315-859-4372.