Nancy Sorkin Rabinowitz's works include Greek Tragedy (2008, Wiley and Blackwell).
Your courses will address literature in the broadest sense, including canonical texts, popular literature, film, and opera from diverse national traditions. As a major, much of your work will be done in other literature departments and will involve reading in foreign languages.
Comparative literature has taught me to question everything, and to examine what I read both closely and broadly. My professors have pushed me to do things I never thought I could. Whether it was tackling Proust's masterpiece, deciding to conduct independent summer research, or helping me decide where to study abroad – faculty in the comparative literature department have mentored me in every aspect of my life at Hamilton.
Meghan O’Sullivan ’15 — comparative literature major
- Senior Publicist, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Civil Rights Director/Attorney, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
- Director of Strategic Planning, Hewlett Packard
- Professor of Pediatrics, Seattle Children's Hospital
- Vice President, International Marketing, Sony Music Entertainment
- President, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation
- ESL Teacher, English, L'Ecole Aujourd'hui (Paris)
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice