The decision to pursue a leave of absence to study abroad is a personal decision. Students are encouraged to consider the risks and uncertainties in determining whether to study abroad for the Spring 2021 semester, including the possibility that U.S. travelers may be prohibited from entering another country or may be subject to quarantine and other restrictions because of COVID-19 restrictions imposed by governments around the world. Hamilton’s Off-Campus Study Office strongly advises deferring study abroad to a subsequent semester if possible. Students who elect to study abroad in Spring 2021 will be asked to sign a document acknowledging these risks.
Set up a profile in Via TRM (the new Off-Campus Study Office study abroad management system).
- Log in with your Hamilton credentials and follow the instructions provided. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Once you have set up a profile and are logged into Via, select “Programs” from the blue banner at the top left of the screen.
- You will be directed to a page that lists the Hamilton Programs and Off-Campus Study Pre-Approved Programs. Select “Off-Campus Study Pre-Approved Programs” or use this link to go there directly.
- Click “Apply Now” to be guided to the study abroad planning form on Via.
Complete the “Off-Campus Study Pre-Approved Program” Application. This is the study abroad planning form. It should take you about 15 minutes to complete.
- The study abroad planning form will ask you to reflect on your reasons for going abroad and will ask about your academic progress and interests.
- The study abroad planning form will allow you to request an appointment with a study abroad advisor.
Meet with a study abroad advisor or the appropriate Hamilton Program Coordinator if you are interested in Associated Colleges in China, Hamilton in France, and/or Hamilton College Academic Year (or Semester) in Spain.
- If you are interested in a non-Hamilton program and you have completed Steps 1 and 2, you will be asked to complete an appointment request in the Study Abroad Planning form.
- If you’ve completed Steps 1 and 2 and would like to make another advising appointment, please use this Appointment Request Form. Someone in our office will be in touch with you once you’ve made your request.
- If you are interested in a Hamilton Program, please feel free to contact your program coordinators directly. For HiF and HCAYS, if you have already met with the general director of the program, you are not required to have any further meetings with the coordinator.