The Staff Assembly will strive to fulfill and communicate Hamilton’s institutional priorities and goals by:
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the President and senior staff.
- Increasing the sense of identity, recognition, and value of each staff member in his/her relationship to the College.
- Identifying concerns relating to staff and working to seek solutions.
- Promoting the development of policies aimed at retaining current staff members and including new staff members.
- Integrating staff more fully into College affairs while fostering a culture of mutual support, respect and professionalism.
Hamilton College staff includes all Hamilton College personnel, excluding faculty. Staff personnel are identified as those employees who work full time, part time, or in a temporary capacity. Hamilton students employed by the College are not considered staff.
The Staff Assembly is not a labor organization and its purpose is not to negotiate grievances, labor disputes, wages, hours of employment or conditions of work.