FYE is all about creating opportunities for first-year students to feel connected to Hamilton from the moment they arrive on campus.
Before Your Student Arrives on Campus
See a timeline of key dates for first-year students.
Complete Family Information Form (This includes contact information, communication preference and hometown newspaper info.)
- Have your student waive (or enroll in) student health insurance. The charge appears on your Hamilton College bill. If your son/daughter has coverage through another provider, a waiver must be completed to have the charge removed.
- Sign up for a My Hamilton account
(Enables a parent to view bills and financial aid information, easily register for events on- and off-campus, and more ...)
- Sign up for Electronic Billing
- Read about Student Privacy and Parent Expectations (FERPA)
- Arrival day for all new students is Tuesday, August 15, 2017. New students will move into their residence hall rooms on this date, and welcome and Orientation activities will begin. Check-in and residence hall move-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Parents and family members are invited to join their student at all orientation sessions between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on arrival day. Student-only required programs begin at 3 p.m., and students and their families are encouraged to say their goodbyes before 3 p.m.
Two parent sessions will be offered at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on August 15. Parents and family members are encouraged but not required to attend.
Parents and family members planning to stay overnight in the area are encouraged to book accommodations as soon as you know your travel plans. Visit our accommodations page for a listing of local hotels.
Please visit the orientation website for more information and a detailed schedule.