FYE is all about creating opportunities for first-year students to feel connected to Hamilton from the moment they arrive on campus.
Welcome to the Hamilton community! Here are links and resources to help you support your student as they transition to college.
Before Your Student Arrives on Campus
- See a timeline of key dates for first-year students.
- Have your student waive (or enroll in) student health insurance. The charge appears on your Hamilton College bill. If your son/daughter has coverage through another provider, a waiver must be completed to have the charge removed.
- Sign up for Electronic Billing
- Read about Student Privacy and Parent Expectations (FERPA)
- Familiarize yourself and your student with the Code of Conduct policies and procedures at Hamilton College.
- Orientation is tentatively scheduled to begin August 17, 2021.
- Parents and family members planning to stay overnight in the area are encouraged to book accommodations as soon as you know your travel plans. Visit our accommodations page for a listing of local hotels.
Please visit the orientation website for more information.