Administrative Job Opportunities
Assistant Dean of Admission/Coordinator of Diversity Recruitment
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Hamilton College is seeking a results-oriented admission professional who wants to be part of a highly effective team and to assist the College in meeting its goal of attracting an ever more diverse student body. The Office of Admission staff is characterized by an unusual degree of teamwork and camaraderie; a high level of energy and commitment; exceptional communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities. This is a full-time, entry-level, benefited position available to start June 1.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the college to prospective students and their families both on and off campus
- Conducting interviews and information sessions
- Up to 6 weeks of travel for student recruitment
- Application review and admission committee work
- Providing leadership and strategies for diversity recruitment
- Development and maintenance of diversity recruitment plan
- Coordinating on-campus recruitment programs towards prospective students from underrepresented populations
- Networking with high school counselors, leaders of community-based organizations and agencies
- Collaborating with the appropriate College offices, faculty, administrators, staff and alumni on areas of diversity programming and recruitment
Candidates should possess outstanding oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated, strong organizational and analytical abilities and a service-orientation are required. A successful candidate must be able to identify and support the concerns of students of color and/or first-generation college-bound students, as well as students of various sexual orientations and be able to assist colleagues in representing the sense of inclusion the College strives to communicate to external constituencies.
Some admission experience is preferred. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus. The start date for this position is June 1. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 04/29/2013