The Senior Program
The Senior Program serves as Hamilton's integrating and culminating intellectual experience. At its center is the senior project, an extended research effort in which students use the knowledge and methods gained in their first three years of study. Each senior French major works closely with at least one faculty member while completing the project, which includes a senior research course and major paper. Seniors also demonstrate language proficiency in French with an interview.
Recent projects in French include:
- Le recit romantique chez Chateaubriand
- The Question of the Soul in Rousseau's Emile
- Le merveilleux dans Les Lais de Marie de France
- Les animaux sacrés de Madagascar: une étude de la tradition et de la conservation.
- Le président à gauche, les hommes d’affaires à droite : une tension justifiée ou une excuse pratique?