About the Board
When a member of the College community files a formal complaint, members of the HSMB will investigate and make a determination on whether the Sexual Misconduct Policy or the Harassment Policy was violated. The College’s Title IX Coordinator coordinates and facilitates the work of the Board.
To prevent further incidents from occurring, and in keeping with the College’s obligations under Title IX, Hamilton employees (except those who are identified as confidential) are required to report possible incidents of sexual misconduct to Catherine Berryman, the College’s Title IX Coordinator (315-859-4020). The Title IX Coordinator will offer to meet with the person who may have experienced sexual misconduct to explain the options available and discuss next steps, including the option to file a formal complaint under the Sexual Misconduct Policy and/or the option to pursue a criminal complaint.
- Stephen Ellingson, HSMB chair, professor of sociology
- Scott Barnard, head men’s lacrosse coach and associate professor of physical education
- Jessica Burke, associate professor of Hispanic studies
- Sally Cockburn, professor of mathematics
- John Geissinger, head men's & women's swimming coach and assistant professor of physical education
- Phil Klinkner, professor of political science and professor of government
- Dave Murray, head football coach and associate professor of physical education
- Kristin Strohmeyer, research and outreach librarian
- Ex Officio: Catherine Berryman, director of community standards & title ix coordinator