A Look Back at Reunions ’13
Rain and chilly weather didn’t dampen the spirits of nearly 1200 alumni and their guests at Hamilton’s Reunions ’13, June 6-9. Class dinners, alumni colleges, the annual meeting of the Alumni Association, a cross-country run, jazz and a dance party kept alumni busy as they dodged raindrops.
The Board of Trustees held its quarterly meeting on Saturday and Steve Sadove ’73, P’07,’10,’13 was elected chairman, effective July 1. Retiring Chairman A.G. Lafley ’69 was honored at a Friday dinner.
At the annual meeting of the Alumni Association Sean K. Fitzpatrick ’63, P'87 regaled the Chapel audience with the Half Century Annalist Letter and William Braunlich ’57 was honored with the Bell Ringer Award.
Alumni Colleges throughout the weekend covered topics ranging from the cost of education and a history of the Erie Canal to biblical family values and healthcare coverage and affordability. The following links lead to brief summaries of Alumni College sessions.
- The Changing World of American Higher Ed
- Class of 1968 Retirement Panel
- The Cost of Education
- Cronkite's War: His World War II Letters Home
- The Entertainment Industry
- Great Professor Lecture
- Hamilton and the Civil War
- Hamilton Entrepreneurs
- Hamilton's First-Year Experience
- Healthcare Coverage and Affordability
- Heartland Passage: History of the Erie Canal
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Introduction to Sleep Medicine
- My Fly-Fishing Adventures
- Retirement Panel
- Social Media's Impact
- Surprising Biblical Family Values
- Theatre & Studio Arts Facilities Update
- Time Management for Business Leaders
- The World of Publishing