summer program details
- Make transportation arrangements (see below)
- Complete Summer Program questionnaire
- Review this page to see what to bring and what to leave at home
- Submit the following documentation prior to arrival:
- Copy of medical insurance card
- Signed copy of parent 2015 U.S. Federal tax form 1040
- Signed copy of parent 2015 New York State tax form (NYS residents only)
- Submit medical records
- Log into the student portal to submit all medical information prior to your arrival on campus.
Transportation to and from Campus:
If Traveling by Train, Bus and Airline
Transportation will only be provided to and from the Utica NY train/ Greyhound bus station and Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Syracuse, NY.
- Airline departures: must be after 7:00pm for Friday, July 29th or on the morning of Saturday, July 30th from Syracuse Hancock Airport, Syracuse, NY.
- Train or bus departures: must be after 6:00pm for Friday, July 29th or on the morning of Saturday, July 30th from the Utica NY train/Greyhound bus station.
Notify the Opportunity Programs office of your travel plans so that we can coordinate pick up at Airport and Train station.
Things to bring
- Two sets of extra long sheets (80" in length - non-fitted sheets are best), pillow, pillowcases and a spread or blanket
- Athletic, but comfortable bathing suit
- Gym clothes, sweatshirt, sneakers and flip-flops
- Extra pair of eyeglasses in case of accident, or prescription as an alternative
- Your original Green Card and/or Social Security card must be with you
Dress Clothing for Two Special Events (Required)
Semi-formal dress required. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Breland.
- YES: dress, dress shoes, suit jacket and tie required
- NO: sneakers, casual or cargo pants
Things to leave at home
Bring ONLY what you need because there is NO STORAGE available for you to use at the end of the program.
- Automobiles: no private automobiles are authorized during the summer or the academic year for first-year students.
- Computers, word processors, pagers, TVs, refrigerators and microwaves are not authorized during the summer.
Cell Phone Policy
Students may bring a cell phone, but will check it upon arrival. Cell phones will be returned to students each weekend.