Audiovisual Services Video Services & Duplication Policy
Video Recording Services
It is the responsibility of the party requesting services, not AVS, to secure written permission in advance for video recording and video or audio production. Questions regarding Video Recording Permission should be directed to the AVS Coordinator by email or phone (x4120).
Description of Service:
Video recording of classes, lectures, athletic, and special events at specified locations on campus.
AVS will provide a Technician or Student Technical Assistant to operate the equipment . AVS does not have cameras to be loaned out. Students needing to borrow a video camera for class projects should contact Camera Loans.
A printable permission form for an individual is available or blank forms can be requested from the AVS office. To arrange video recording for presentations or events involving more than a single presenter, please use the group permission form.
Written permission to video record lecturers and performers (including persons affiliated with Hamilton College) must be obtained and given to the AVS Coordinator prior to the start of recording. Written permission from the publisher is required in order to record theater productions and music performances of copyrighted scripts or scores.
Disposition of video:
The DVDs made are usually sent to the requester via campus mail approximately 5-10 working days after the event. Major projects (dance performances, theater production, multiple camera events) requiring editing work may take 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Final disposition of the recording is the responsibility of the requester.
There is no cost to the original requester for the services of a student cameraperson or for the first three (3) DVD copies of the recording. Additional copies made for the original requester will be billed at our current rates for the cost of materials and labor. All copies made for individuals or departments other than the original requester will be billed.
Availability of Service:
DVD and CD duplicating service is available. Limited services are available for copying from older formats.
The AVS Team reserves the right to refuse any request which constitutes copyright infringement.
The cost of materials and labor for copies will be charged to a college department.
Charges for Duplication Services
- When requesting a recording 3 DVD copies will be provided to the original requesting department at no charge; any additional copies will be charged at $3 each
- Copies made for additional requesters will be billed at $3 each
- For media which must be shipped, a minimum $5.00 shipping and handling fee will be added
Mastering, Editing and Turnaround Time
- Duplication (a straight copy made by AVS with no editing work involved) 1-10 copies take 2-3 working days; 10-50 copies take 3-5 working days; 50+ copies take 5-10 working days
- Mastering footage (anything that must be edited to another format) take 5-10 working days
- Major projects (dance performances, theater production, multiple camera events) requiring editing work may take 3 to 4 weeks to complete
- No media carrying a Copyright will be duplicated by AVS
- AVS will copy from VHS, DVD, CD, and/or digital formats
- AVS no longer provides duplication service for personal work
- To purchase blank media, go to the College Store or Staples, etc.