Administrative Job Opportunities
Educational Technology Paraprofessional
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
This position is a temporary, full time position in the Educational Technology Services team. The incumbent will be expected to act in a professional capacity to support the use of technology in teaching and learning, but with extensive oversight and support from professional members of the team. It is intended for recent graduates with an interest in the field who need or desire some entry-level experience before moving on to a professional position elsewhere. The expected duration of the position is one year, with a possible extension for a second year, depending on satisfactory performance and continuing need.
- Function as a professional member of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department, adhering to the policy and procedures described in the ITS Members Manual and working collaboratively with all members of the department in support of the ITS and Hamilton College missions.
Assist professional team members in the support of faculty and students using technology in courses:
- Collaborate with ETS team members, librarians and faculty to develop course assignments or course designs that use technology and other information resources to support the learning goals of the course;
- Become knowledgeable about the various technologies offered for general use by faculty and students, including Citrix-served software, Blackboard, Qualtrics, and others as identified;
- Assist in creating and updating documentation to make these tools accessible for use by students and faculty;
- Assist in the development and delivery of workshops and authoring sessions as needed for students and faculty.
In collaboration with other ITS teams, assist in the development and maintenance of labs and classrooms:
- Research and test new versions of software requested by faculty or needed to support teaching and learning in the classrooms and labs;
- Assist in the development of the lab software images, primarily focusing on testing both before and after deployment of the image to the labs and classrooms.
- Assist in supporting faculty as they use technology in their teaching and research:
- Assist in writing articles, giving presentations and proactively providing faculty with information about available technologies and their applications by other faculty at Hamilton and at other institutions;
- Teach faculty to use technologies with which they are unfamiliar;
- Assist faculty to troubleshoot technology in the teaching or research processes;
- Help faculty identify specialized software that will achieve their goals, insuring that it is compatible with the Hamilton College computing environment.
Research and develop emerging technologies, or new applications of existing technologies, for use in teaching and learning:
- Identify existing or emerging educational technology needs;
- Find appropriate resources and learn their use;
- Write documentation as needed to incorporate resources or techniques into the academic program.
Assist professional staff in the training and management of student staff:
- Assist in the development and delivery of training;
- Assist in mentoring and supervision of students as required.
Bachelors degree or equivalent, with coursework and experience supporting an interest and ability to provide support for the use of technology in education. Some computer science and educational or learning science related coursework preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 02/14/2013