Administrative Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Serve as a member of the Web Services Team to provide technical support, maintenance, and Web development for Hamilton's Web presence to create a best-in-class Internet presence for the College.
- Builds interfaces with other college information systems for the efficient sharing of information and transfer between these systems and Web applications.
- Evaluates, develops, and supports software tools for use in Web applications.
Work in collaboration with college offices to implement new Web driven initiatives that improve efficiency of college operations. Integral to this responsibility:
- perform needs assessments
- define project requirements and corresponding timelines for project completion
- develop applications/solutions to support project completion
- ensures adherence to stated timelines, taking follow-up action as necessary
- report on progress of project to all necessary parties
- In cooperation with Network Services, maintains a stable and reliable hardware and software environment for the college Web presence.
Administers the college Web servers to include:
- the creation of accounts, directories, and account privileges
- monitor system performance and usage statistics
- diagnoses and resolve hardware and software problems
- design and maintains database and database software
- install and maintain software for Web applications such as content management and site security
- Manages integration projects at a tactical level, including utilization of student assistants/interns to complete tasks.
- Prepares documentation of workflow procedures and systems to assure continuity of operations, including system restarts.
- Provides help-desk style technical and high level user support for existing Web applications.
- Keeps abreast of new Web and other information systems technologies; make periodic recommendations for department and campus initiatives.
- Complete technical training and company orientation as required to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others, and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from or offers guidance to other team members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed to perform job duties and support College and departmental objectives.
A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years experience performing similar duties. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of, and experience with, Web technologies and the management of Web servers.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Above average customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be able to communicate technical information (both written and verbally) to technical and non-technical people in a supportive and meaningful way.
- Must embrace learning and working with constantly changing technology.
- Work collaboratively within our team, the department, and the across the college.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 06/10/2014